Top five messages on the benefits of walking (in and around Alton)
1) Walking in the countryside (or anywhere outside) is good for your mental health.
2) Regular walkers live longer and have a longer period of healthy life
3) Walk briskly, strolling slowly can actually accelerate ageing
4) There are clear mental benefits from socialising and walking with friends or in groups
5) Physical inactivity causes health problems and disease - this costs the UK economy £7.4billion per annum
For more information on our event that explored these messages, please click here